Current students

Undergraduate & graduate coursework


Science forms for students

Other useful information

Be sure to check out these current student resource pages:


A number of our research schools offer summer research internships to current ANU students. You can also enhance your ANU learning experience and take advantage of national and international opportunities which can count towards your degree. 

ANU Policies

Find ANU policies on the ANU Policies website


If you're not currently an Honours student and would like to apply, see the How to apply webpage for details.



Leave of Absence

Students who have already accepted an offer into Honours and have enrolled, but now want to take leave, should contact the College office as soon as possible for further information and advice via

Higher degree by research


There are various ANU policies and guidelines that are relevant to research students.

You should also review the ANU College of Medicine, Biology & Environment (CMBE) and the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences (CPMS) guidelines:


There are various ANU forms that are relevant to current research students. 


Keep an eye on available scholarships, as they are updated regularly with opportunities for research students.

Any current HDR students who are interested in applying for the upcoming International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) or Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) rounds should complete the Request for a current ANU student to be considered for a HDR scholarship form (PDF, 280 KB) and return it with any additional paperwork to the HDR Coordinator in their local area. 

Travel grants

Keep in mind the ANU Travel Grant program, which was established in part to assist PhD students. The College has developed ANU Travel Grant PhD application guidelines (PDF, 57KB) to assist PhD students in the application process.

Thesis by Compilation

The University provides PhD compilation guidelines for the reference of research students. Use the Application to submit PhD by Compilation (PDF, 55KB) when submitting material.

Updated:  22 January 2017/Responsible Officer:  Science College Directors/Page Contact:  Science Web Services