Find out how to get involved in research.
Participating in research has many benefits:
- Develop skills critical for science that can transferred to many other careers
- research process
- oral and written communication
- technical skills
- computer skills
- work independently
- information retrieval
- understanding primary literature
- analyse scientific data
- understand scientific ethics
- Be actively engaged in your education
- Participate in a community of scholars
- Develop relationships with mentors/supervisors
- Explore career options
- Prepare for Honours/post-graduate research
- T.D. Sadler, S Burgin, L McKinney, L. Ponjuan. 2010. Learning science through research apprenticeships: A critical review of the literature Journal of Research in Science Teaching. 47(3): 235-256.
- A. L. McDevitt, M. V. Patel, B. Rose, A. M. Ellison. 2016. Insights into Student Gains from Undergraduate Research Using Pre- and Post-Assessments. Bioscience 66(12): 1070-1078.