The Energy Change Institute Open Day showcases the latest energy research from ANU and provides a platform for exchanging ideas for ANU researchers, industry, government agencies and other energy stakeholders.
This year's program includes the following presentations:
- State of the Institute - Prof Ken Baldwin, Director, Energy Change Institute
- Keynote presentation by Dr Lachlan Blackhall, newly appointed ANU Entrepreneurial Fellow and Head of the Battery Storage and Grid Integration Program
- Special guest presentation by Erik Ness, US National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Supporting policy and implementation strategies for clean energy development in the Asia-Pacific region
- Presentation from industry - The Asian Renewable Energy Hub: 9GW of wind, solar and storage to export to Jakarta & Singapore and to help power the Pilbara, Andrew Dickson, CWP Renewables
- Research presentations - Hydrogen technologies, Prof Kylie Catchpole, Research School of Engineering and Transformations in US energy markets, Dr Christian Downie, School of Regulation and Global Governance
- New ECI members' research including Dr Anna Herring, Research School of Physics and Engineering; Dr Fiona Beck, Research School of Engineering; Dr Siva Karaturi, Research School of Engineering; Dr Shannon Wang, Research School of Engineering; and Mahesh Venkataraman, Research School of Engineering.
Lunch is included and will be followed by tours of the world-class ANU energy research facilities (1.30 - 3.30pm).
Please note that parking may be difficult - we strongly advise using public transport, taxi, cycling, walking or allowing plenty of time to find a park.